Pages

Friday 24 August 2012

My Week in Photographs: 17th - 23rd August


Friday is always a fantastic day of the week, but even more so if the six days preceding it are crammed with exciting activities! It's certainly been one of those weeks for me and truthfully, I wouldn't have it any other way as I love keeping busy!


Last weekend I joined the extended family for an evening meal at Egypt Mill in Stroud. It's a gorgeous venue set right on the water's edge. There was a wedding reception taking place the evening we were there so the service was a tad on the slow side but the food was fantastic and worth the wait. My cousin and I were getting pretty hungry, hence the steak knives in our hands!








I also had a great day out in Worcestershire with a friend, starting with a rather rainy but hugely enjoyable walk through the Wyre Forest, followed by a tasty three course lunch at a traditional English pub in Ombersley.


Whilst the men are away the ladies will play... Tuesday evening was ladies' night at my friend Harriet's house, as her other half is away at the moment. We all had great fun mixing up some impressive cocktails and getting mightily inebriated during the course of the night. Also on the menu was some super tasty chicken fajitas and hours upon hours of giggling over the silliest things! Girlie nights are great fun!


Harriet's tortoise 'Speedy'  was in hiding all evening (most likely because there were way too many ladies around the house for his liking) but we did get to meet Mr Lizard....


Hangover central the following day at work which could mean only one thing - jaw breaking Cumberland sausage sandwiches from Waitrose! These are seriously delicious but it's no exaggeration to say that eating one of these is probably equivalent to eating an entire pack of sausages in one sitting! Perfect hangover food if you ask me...


Along a similar thread, a few of my office colleagues indulged in pizzas for lunch this week. The lanky lads ate a family-sized pizza each. I seriously don't know where they put it, as they savage their way through food like a pack of starving wolves and yet they are all so skinny. That said, they're young - let's measure their waistlines again in a few years' time!


As if the week wasn't already busy enough, I also had my weekly kayaking lesson. After a rather rainy start to the day, the skies cleared and we were treated to a gloriously sunny afternoon/ evening on the lakes, which was just as well seeing as it was the 'capsizing in a canoe' lesson. I was particularly impressed with the first capsize we did - my canoeing buddy and I managed to throw ourselves out of our canoe without flipping our canoe in the process. Skills! ;)


Last but not least - a few other tidbits from the last seven days:


Daisy, the office dog was on total form this week, barking at the postman and various other unsuspecting visitors to our offices. Here's a photo of her making herself at home on my colleague Annie's desk. This little wolfhound officially rules the roost!




I tried these tasty chocolate coated pretzels from Cadbury's for the first time this week. They're new and utterly scrumptious. The only danger with them is that because they're not as sweet as normal chocolate it's quite easy to eat an entire packet in one sitting! Nom nom!


How has your week been?


1 comment:

  1. Your office dog is so sweet! I love the fact that she sits on the desk :)

    ReplyDelete