Pages

Thursday 16 August 2012

My Week in Photographs: 10th - 16th August 2012


Being the delightful creature of change that I am, I’ve made a slight amend to the current format of my ‘Photo of the Day’ posts. Rather than uploading a daily picture, I’m doing a weekly round up, all in one neat little post!

It can be challenging finding something interesting to photograph every day, but it's also rewarding as it makes you seek out a little a bit of magic amongst the mundane. It also serves as a reminder of just how much happens, even in a seemingly quiet week!

So, without further ado, here are this week's photographic highlights:

(The above photograph is of my cousin's beautiful kitten. I loved the way the cat was sprawled out on the floral duvet as it made for a glorious mish-mash of colours and patterns.)



I photographed these horses whilst on a walk in Frampton. It was raining at the time and was the second storm I got caught in whilst outdoors sans an umbrella that day!


I came across this magnificent tree on the same walk. The English countryside is resplendent at the moment. Everything is lush and green as a result of all the rain we have had recently.


The family pets fighting over a stick. I don't think I'll ever fully understand why dogs are so  fascinated with sticks, but on the plus side, it's preferable to cats playing with mice!


Beautiful sunset over the lakes. Occasionally it doesn't rain in England!


Here's my lunch after a client meeting, purchased at Starbucks in Surrey. I tried these interesting new crisps that are popped (using pressure and heat) rather than fried or baked. Oh, and the gap at the top of my wallet is where my debit card used to live... I realised on Tuesday that I'd lost it! (Possibly as a result of drunken trampolining at 3am on Saturday morning....)


This caused a lot of laughter in the office - my colleague Suze borrowed a pair of shoes from the tallest person in the company and wore them for a large portion of the day...


My mid-week respite - an evening of escapism on the lakes in South Cerney. We ditched the kayaks this week for a lesson in canoes instead which was great fun - apart from the bit where we had to stand up in the canoes and paddle at the same time. Wibble wobble!!




I came across these beautiful buildings whilst on a walk in Cirencester park. I love the light in the photograph of the bench - it made the picture look almost as though it had been sketched.



And finally - here are the the 'walking club' boys posing outside the rather prodigious entrance to the Bathurst Estate. What a door!


So there you have it - a few little snippets from my week!


3 comments:

  1. Such a pretty kitten! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I MUST come visit you soon and at least for 2 weeks. Nice pics, darling friendy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed you must! And yes at least two weeks... Once I have my house you are welcome to stay for as long as you like :)

    ReplyDelete