Pages

Tuesday 14 February 2012

Well, I just love.....


With the January blues behind us and the promise of spring just around the corner, these are my current ‘perfect little pleasures’ that are keeping me going until the weather warms up….

  1. Zumba – Okay, so this Latin dance-inspired fitness class involves a lot of crazy butt-shaking and feet thumping but it’s a fantastic workout that will leave you buzzing. I don’t know many other fitness classes that combine the words exercise and fun without it being an oxymoron but this one does! Just leave your pride at the door though. ;) If you live near Cirencester then try out La Attica's zumba classes.
  2. Lana Del Ray's album ‘Born to Die’. One word – stunning! Her voice & the lyrics to her songs take me back to the years when I lived and dreamed in Cape Town. Oh, what it was like to be young, feel invincible and yet to have experienced a broken heart! What an awesome album.
  3. Donning hiking boots and getting out for lovely long hikes on the weekend with my fabulous friend, 'Ginger.' These lovely boots are Hi Tec’s St Moritz Luxe 200’s and you can get them at www.hikingboots.com. I want a pair!!
  4. African Extracts Rooibos lipbalm that my Capetonian friend posted to me recently. It’s so soothing on parched lips and smells good too.
  5. Carrot cake - My mum bakes the most delicious carrot cake in the world- bursting with walnuts and apricots…. mmm…. Must learn to bake! There are some tasty carrot cake recipes on www.ocado.com if you fancy doing a spot of baking too.
  6. Israel - I've been researching Israel as a possible holiday destination for my annual meet up with my best friend and have fallen in love with it. Tel Aviv, the Dead Sea, Eilat…. the country is full of treasures. Have a look at www.travel.yahoo.com for some inspiration and ideas.
  7. Bacardi Cocktails – I’m really enjoying cocktails right now. It might be because my fav' local bar, ‘Somewhere Else’ is running a 2-4-1 cocktail promotion at the moment!
  8. Bridesmaids – Yes, I watched this movie about six months after the rest of the planet and now I totally understand what they hype was all about. It’s twisted, dark, and hilarious and totally appeals to my sense of humour!
  9. Retro bikinis like this Juicy Couture one from asos.com – I may need to have a boob job, spend a few months permanently zumba dancing and have a mega spray tan before this would look good on me though.... On second thoughts, pass the beach shorts and get me some carrot cake!
  10. Life of Pi by Yann Martel – This is the latest book from my ‘100 Must Read Books’ list. Review to follow soon :)
What are your perfect little pleasures right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment