Pages

Saturday 28 July 2012

It's Hot, Hot, Hot!!



The British summer of 2012 has been spectacularly wet, but it’s not been a complete wash out, partly because I've had these latest perfect little pleasures to keep me warm and happy:

1. Hanging out in London’s Amazing Museums – If you’re stuck for something to do, hit London’s Exhibition Road, where the V&A, Science and Natural History Museums are all in close proximity. They are fabulous and free, so it would be rude not to!

2. The New Blackberry Curve – I recently got this phone for work. It’s taken me a while to get used to as I have a touch type phone, but it’s definitely growing on me.

3. Waitrose Essentials Body Wash Range – This is an awesome range of products from Waitrose – they’re reasonably priced and have some delicious scents including ginger & clementine, cinnamon, olive & jojoba and camomile.

4. Embracing the Italian Lifestyle and sneaking out for a coffee and a catch up during the working day. Cirencester has loads of great independent cafés to choose from.

5. Celebrating with champagne – twice this month! Firstly with my best friend from my school days who was in London for a few days on business and secondly with a university friend for her engagement/ leaving party - who has now jetted off to Jakarta!

6. We are the People – this fabulous song from the Australian electronic duo Empire of the Sun is pretty much on repeat in the office at the moment. It’s the perfect summer tune in my humble opinion!

7. Homemade Soups – Recently I’ve got into making my own soups for lunch. There are some great recipes out there – I particularly like blended soups. Have a look at the BBC's website for some inspiration including this super tasty carrot & coriander soup.

8. Kayaking – This is a great way to wind down at the end of the day. I love spending the evening out on the water, watching the sun set over the lakes. (Image from dreamstime)

9. Dr. Irena Eris Skin Care Range – A good friend bought me a selection of the face creams as a gift and they are brilliant.

10. One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez – This is the next book to read on my 100 Must Read Books list. I’m about 40 pages in and loving the book already. It’s pretty magical.


What are your perfect little pleasures right now?



No comments:

Post a Comment