Pages

Thursday 27 September 2012

What is Love?


It has been a barren few weeks on the blog front for which I must apologise profusely. (I blame it on the fact that I am currently in the middle of moving house, which involves building flat pack furniture, which in turn involves me having to lie down for extensive periods of 'recovery' time...)

In short, normal blogging services shall return very soon. In the meantime though, I thought it would be nice to share this little thought with you....

'Love is... to listen'

I volunteer for a local charity and the other evening I came across a painting in the branch with these words on it. And how true they are - one of the kindest things we can offer to our fellow human beings is a sympathetic ear. We all have vastly differing journeys through life but a common element is that at some point we will all face difficult patches. At these times, having someone to listen without judging or throwing advice at us can make all the difference. Surely that's love in one of its most selfless forms?

Why not give it a go and see what happens....

image from dreamstime
 

2 comments: