Pages

Saturday 29 September 2012

All About... Tragic & Lovely


One of the things I enjoy the most about my 'Bug Another Blogger' series is the insight it gives me into the lives of fellow bloggers. We certainly all share a passion for writing, but that aside, we are a wonderfully varied group of individuals. This week I asked Karissa from Tragic & Lovely a few questions about herself:

1. What accomplishment in your life to date are you the most proud of?
I'm proud of persevering - sticking in out through the hard stuff. Because my husband and I didn't give up when things were hard, we have a stronger marriage. Because I didn't quit my job when it got difficult and exhausting, I am a better teacher.

2. Do you think people are a product of their environment?
To an extent, yes! What we are taught when we are young generally remains our core. However, my brother, sister, and I are so different, despite being raised in relatively the same way by the same parents - thus, personality and personal choices greatly influence self.

3. What is your signature dish?
Chicken! I'm not a big fan of red meat and also find chicken the easiest to cook. Sometimes my husband will say, "Please, anything but more chicken!" But what I make over and over (and always get guest compliments for) would be either my mom's chicken enchiladas or the mustard glaze I put on salmon.

4. Why did you decide to start blogging?
I wanted a place to share creativity, to meet new people, to practice my writing... Plus, it's really fun!

5. What’s your favourite item in your wardrobe right now?
Since autumn is my favorite season, coats and scarves are the best! I have a beautiful coral coat that my parents gave me and a black and ivory scarf - I wear both often.

6. If you won the lottery, would you still work?
Yes! Probably mostly volunteering-type stuff or focus on my writing - but I'd be bored just sitting around.

7. Autumn or Spring?
Autumn!!! I'm obsessed. I've even begun a pinterest board
 dedicated to it.

8. When did you last see your best friend?
Fortunately, I see her every day - we work together :)

9. If you could live anywhere in the world (other than where you currently live) where would choose to your hang your hat? 

I really love Colorado and am quite happy here! But I really love Isla Roatan in Honduras and would happily live there. Or maybe semi-rural Pennsylvania.

10. Describe yourself in one sentence.

Tough! Good thing you asked an English teacher who can be tricky with punctuation ;) Here goes... I am an introspective, Jesus-loving, introverted, married teacher who loves reading, writing, and animals (among other things); I have few friends but am dearly loyal to them; I'm thankful to say I'm happy in my life - always up for improvement but generally content with where and who I am.

image credit

2 comments: