Pages

Thursday 28 June 2012

Sizzling Summer Selections



Yes, this Summer is proving to be a wash out! Fortunately I have these current perfect little pleasures bringing joy to my life:

1. The 1st season of the awesome US TV series Revenge has finally arrived on the windswept shores of the UK. It's bursting at the seams with sexy Southampton socialites and is gloriously dark. I simply can't get enough of it right now!

2. Time out in London - I've had a few business trips to London this month and have used the opportunity to visit friends in the area and generally have a mooch around this amazing city. If you are planning a trip to London soon and need a little inspiration, have a look at Visit London's website for some ideas.

3. All things Jubilee - June got off to a great start with a double Bank Holiday weekend in celebration of the Queen's Jubilee. I am loving the current patriotic feeling in the air!

4. The English countryside - The long Summer days make for the perfect opportunity to enjoy time in the countryside running or hiking. In fact I ran my first 10k this month at the beautiful Westonbirt Arboretum!

5. Skinny jeans - I have finally succumbed to the skinny jeans craze - although I am only brave enough to rock the look with long tops or cardigans. Lots more squats needed before I will have my ass on display in a pair of supertight skinnies!

6. Volunteering - I spent most of my spare time in May & June on a training course for volunteer work I signed up for recently. The hard work has paid off as I have completed the training and will be starting volunteering very soon. Go me! :)

7. Curls, as flaunted above by Olivia Palermo - I'm loving curls right now! If, like me, you struggle to get the perfect curls with your straighteners, then hop over to the GHD website and watch their video tutorial on how to achieve the look.

8. L'oreal Sublime Bronze spray tan - This is definitely one of the best spray tans I have used. It's super easy to apply (just spray on and try not to inhale!), doesn't streak, looks natural and smells nice. Perfect for when you spontaneously decide to wear a skirt!

9. Mondovino crackers served with a selection of Waitrose dips - mmm, enough said!!

What are your perfect little pleasures right now?

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely love Revenge (and the Hamptons has always been one of my dream destinations). So glad you finally getting to watch it. I have finished season, cannot wait for next one. Sadly I think it's only out in September :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is absolutely brilliant isn't it?! I can't believe we have had to wait until now for it - I feel like I have been missing out! The Hamptons are beautiful - definitely on my 'must visit' list - once I get a bit richer ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you sure you've ever tried number 8? Perhaps it wasn't so long lasting! ;-)
    Mattie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! I haven't used it for work yet - just for weekends away! It only lasts for a few days ;)

    ReplyDelete